Monday, March 4, 2013

Stuffed and filled@Dave's, One Utama

Frankly I never noticed this restaurant whenever I am in One Utama... all these years. Until I had my first dining experience during a team dinner early this year. I gotta say...I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the food! Ambience was rather nice too, suitable place for dinner with a group of friend/colleagues as the food portion is quite generous.

I came back for dinner on my own account a couple of weeks later. Glad to say that my second trip did not disappoint either.

The salami, ham, mozarella pizza was nicely oven baked, as you can see from the charcoal burnt crisp ends of the dough and the chef was generous with the toppings, especially the fact that good quality  meat and smokey cheese slices were added. In fact, the pizza is big enough for 2 hungry eaters. RM 32. Worth every single penny.


I know sometimes people do think it is silly to order garlic bread/ bruschetta/ caesar salad because these things are easily prepared at home but Dave's bruschetta is out-of-this-world. Do not be deceived by its simple look and slightly expensive price tag (RM 16), each slice was toasted to perfection. Crunchy on the outer parts and softened in the middle, coated with garlic butter, topped with cured tomatoes, drizzled over olive oil. If I was feeling gluttony, I could eat all 4. Control.... woman, control...


Dave's famous for their meat, especially pork dishes. Its menu highlights a cute piggy logo indicating its signature dish.. fried pork knuckle! I can't remember the exact price.. probably betwen RM 55-70. Although it looked smaller in the photo, boy oh boy... we barely finished half of it. It is so much better in all aspects: looks, taste, crunchiness, freshness, tenderness and the list goes on... compared to the overrated ones you hear of eg: Overtime, German bierhauses, etc.

The other half of the knuckle went home with me.. and became my lunch over the weekend, after I tore the meat slices into shreds and with a little addition of black pepper sauce and slapped between 2 slices of bread.. whoah-lah! Delicious pork sandwich!


The kitchen area is opened for public viewing and it's comforting to know that the owner/chef is personally involved in the food preparation along side his team of chefs, which I got to hand it to him for his hard work and efforts to ensure the quality of his restaurant's food mains top notch.

I'll definitely come back here again to try his beef dishes as well as his award winning sandwich!

Dave's round 3, soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment