Monday, February 25, 2013

Late night dessert@Tom's

On my first trip to Kuching years ago, an old friend brought me here to try out their cakes. Widely known among localites here. I vaguely remembered my dining experience was quite good then.
Since my hotel is nearby Tom's during this recent trip to Kuching, I brought my friends to pay a visit for desserts.
The restaurant was less crowded than how I remembered it was years ago. In fact we were first to walk in at 9 pm.
We ordered a tiramisu and strawberry shortcake, both recommended by the waitress, apparently Tom's signature cakes.
The tiramisu had a strong taste of kinder bueno, not bad, but a little hard.
The strawberry shortcake on the other hand was rather ordinary. Maybe I've eaten the best which was Patisserie Rui's...hmmm..
In fact for the size and quality, I actually found them rather expensive! Total for 2 cakes were RM 29.
I think this would probably be my last visit here.... sorry, my dear Tom's.
Taste is subjective, it is not my cup of tea now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment