Thursday, September 5, 2013

Second dimsum visit@Imperial Pot, Publika Solaris Dutamas

I was filled with excitement while driving to Publika. It is Imperial Pot second visit day! The objective was to try the other dimsums they have to offer and see how they can impress me further.

The yellow skin wrapped meat dumplings were steamed with soy sauce and ginger slices. The meat tasted really fresh and the hint of ginger gave a kick at the end of the palate. Although it looked differently outwardly, somehow rather it resembled the taste of a xiao lang bao. Good effort!

The scallop topped "har-kau"s did not really impress me. Somehow the taste of the scallops weren't obvious if I closed my eyes and ate them I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two.

The black inked skin wrapped "har kau"s were not impressive either. The skins were hardened yet chewy and taste wise did not differ from the original ones too. Other than these points, the prawns of course, were fresh. Thankfully.

The prawn wrapped with fried thread-thin rice noodles and pink chee cheong fun was yummy! Put aside the fact that it was an oily dish considering all items were fried. The great thing was that they were freshly fried hence the crunchy crumbly bits falling off upon each bite. Bad for the arteries! But good for miss foodventuras!

All in all.. I still had a great time having my dim sum brunch here at Imperial Pot mostly thanks to these steal deal pan fried paos with meat fillings, coated with deep fried shallots and oil for only RM 6. Onions are my weakness and deep fried burnt onions.....my legs turn wobbly. Yums!

Third visit..coming right up!

No comments:

Post a Comment