Friday, June 28, 2013

Good new find for dimsum@Imperial Pot, Publika, Solaris Dutamas

Imperial Pot may be a little difficult to get to if one is unfamiliar with the layout of Solaris Dutamas.

Just ask around on how to get to the korean restaurant Sa Nang Duel, the boxing gym, the sports shop, Yamaha music school, they are all ar the same level as Imperial Pot.

The price of the dimsums are similar to the level of Ming Room, Imperial Treasure etc but decor wise is more simplistic.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how properly prepared the dimsums were. Presentation of all dimsums were clear winners.

The cheong fun wrapped with crunchy freshly deep fried yao char kuey was delicious. Cleared the plate clean within minutes.

Nowadays, siew mais are such must-order-norms that the quality just gets thrown out of the window because of the bulk production and high demand. Sometimes the roes on top of them were just steamed along and over cooked. This was the first time I noticed the roes were freshly placed just before serving. The bright orange coloured roes stood out, glistening. Good effort guys!

It was also my first time seeing the fried carrot cake served this way too. At first from a quick glance, it does seem as if the portion was rathr small but when I really dug in, I was proven wrong. Hidden are thick slices of chinese sausages, chunks of fried eggs holding the square carrot cakes together. Full of wok hei too!

The only rather norm item was sadly my favourite dimsum, char siew paos were average. There weren't bad but ain't spectacular.

Total bill was RM38. And I did leave the restaurant feeling satisfied and worth my hard earned penny paying for this meal experience.

I'm game to return for round 2, Imperial Pot, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment