Monday, April 15, 2013

Best tonkatsu ever@Katsukura, Cube restaurants, Isetan Kyoto

This restaurant was highly recommended both in Tripadvisor and food blogs. On our final night in this beautiful city, the gang did their final shopping at Isetan.
While the rest did their shopping, myself and another colleague hurried to look for a place to dine. I was thrilled to bump into Katsukura here but a little less thrilled when I saw the long queue outside. The agony of waiting for an hour before my turn came was all worth it.
The tonkatsu was. the best I ever ate. We were told to grind our own sesame seeds with a wooden pastel and mortar, before pouring in the sauces.
The pork cutlets were lean, juicy, tender and you could see that not a single layer of batter was seen. It was all porky goodes and thinly coated bread crumbs fried to perfection. Each bite was unforgettable.
The set came with a prawn as well..and a gigantic one too! The length was easily 12 - 15 cm. In fact, by having the prawn alone was already filling.
Unforgettable experience... I have no other words to describe this. Each set cost about 1700 yen.
Crap..my standard for a good tonkatsu has leveled up. I have yet to try one this good in klang valley.Oh no.......

No comments:

Post a Comment